Friday 17 January 2014

Pom Poms

A while ago I made some pom poms, crocheted a long thin length and tied the pom poms on at regular intervals. I used this garland to decorate the stairs. I made the pom poms by wrapping yarn around a meat fork. Since then, I've seen a few blog posts mentioning the Clover Pom Pom Makers and they recently featured on a Kirstie Allsop program.

I admit I was intrigued, mainly because the pom poms looked so neat and nicely dense too. I did look at buying some just after Christmas but with the tv programme most places were out of stock. A few places were selling them at ridiculously inflated prices so I decided to wait. It didn't take long for them to come back in stock and I ordered mine from Cotton Patch this week.



I bought two packs. The large pack and the small pack. I figured I might as well get both when I'm paying for postage. I was glad I did.I tried the smallest one first and then the smaller of the large pack. I expect these are the sizes I'd use most often.

It was really easy to use and the pom poms are a lovely shape, only needing minimal trimming. I expect they'll be easy enough for the kids to use (with some help to tie the knot around the middle).

I expect my house may end up covered in pom pom garlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment