Friday 31 August 2012

FO Friday

I've managed to finish 3 items this week. As I mentioned yesterday I finished a ballet bag for my neice that I can't show just yet.

Sorry to be the organised one (I'm not really!) but the other two finished objects are Christmas things. First up is a blanket for my aunty. I can show you this because it's very unlikely she'll see it. I know my neice won't see my blog either but her parents might and I'd quite like it to be a surprise for them too.

It's another Granny Stripe by the Attic24 pattern. It's pretty quick to work up, though this version was more repetative than the previous one because I only used 5 colours this time (last time I used 17) and I repeated the colours in order this time (last time I did random stripes).


It's a lap sized blanket. It took 2 balls each of Stylecraft Special DK in Cloud Blue, Silver, Teal, Aspen, Turquoise (there was a bit leftover from the two balls even after the border was added).

I changed the colour order for the border, mainly because I didn't want the first border colour to be the same as either end of the blanket. Order of colours for the border: Teal, Cloud Blue, Aspen, Silver, Turquoise.


I'm really pleased with it. I love the colours and I hope my aunty does too.


I've also finished the Christmas wallhanging.




3 comments:

  1. You should not apologise for being organised...the fact that you instill awe and panic into the rest of us is just a by product! I love all the 'blues' of this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great ! Nice work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have crochet a ripple blanket in almost the same colours you used. It looks good as granny stripe also, and I also used a Lucy pattern for mine.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete