Saturday 28 April 2012

Improving Your Skillset 3KCBWDAY6

I feel very confident in my crochet skills. I suppose I must because I teach other people. I do have a confession to make though - I have NEVER used crochet cotton. I don't have the patience to use such tiny hooks and thin thread.

I can use magic ring and foundation single crochet and often do. I can use the American terms and the British terms in the same class, switching between the two depending on which the student prefers.

But then I think about my knitting skills and I wonder how accurate it is to list skills. I can knit flat and on circulars. I can magic loop. Yet I still can't pick up dropped stitches...if I drop a stitch I have to frog it :-o

So, I shall simply list the things I'd like to learn this year:
How to pick up dropped stitches when knitting!
How to take knitting back a row (this is so simple in crochet but terrifies me in knitting)
Something new - maybe Tunisian crochet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment