Thursday 26 April 2012

For All Seasons? 3KCBWDAY4

Today's theme for Knitting and Crochet Blog Week is whether or not you are a seasonal knitter/crocheter. I have to admit, I'm not really sure.

I like to have a blanket on the go most (if not all) of the time.  This is my current work in progress, though I haven't picked it up in the last few weeks (naughty me!)

WIP: Vintage Vertical Stripe
Every year I say that I'm going to be organised and make winter stuff before winter hits but it rarely happens. I'm not sure if it's because of the weather or season though. I think it's just lack of time generally.

Often I find myself making something seasonal because I'm inspired by someone else's makes. Perhaps I read a blog and the writer has made a scarf and it gives me inspiration to make mine.

Winter In London scarf


Sometimes it could be that I love a pattern someone has come up with and shared at the appropriate seasonal time of year. Sometimes I have crazy ideas like needing to make loads of snowflake decorations for the tree because it needs them


At other times I find myself wondering why I'm making a blanket or quilt in the heat of summer (though in Britain that's a rare feeling).

I guess overall, I am a seasonal crafter...I'm just not convinced it's because I choose to be.

 

1 comment: