Wednesday 25 April 2012

Crochet Hero 3KCBWDAY3

Well, what can I say. When I saw the topic for Day 3 of Knitting & Crochet Blog Week there was only one choice. I had to pick Lucy from the Attic24 Blog.

There are so many reasons why I've chosen Lucy and here are the main ones:

1. Her designs are stunning and yet so simple to make. I love that you can often start them and after the first couple of rows the pattern is so stuck in your head that you can just sit and crochet without needing bits of paper around you and it doesn't matter if your kids are asking a million questions because you're not losing your place each time you pause to answer them.

My Neat Ripple Blanket


2. The lovely bright colours she uses. They just make me smile! I love that places are now selling a "Lucy Pack" of the 17 shades of Stylecraft she used in her granny stripe blanket.

My Granny Stripe Blanket, made using a "Lucy Pack"
3. I wish I had her photography skills. It's a pleasure to read her blog just for the pictures!

4. She makes so much for her own home. This is something I didn't really do before I found the Attic24 blog. I would make things for my kids. I would make the odd thing for myself. I would perhaps make something for my house at the sewing group I go to, if we were all doing a project together. I made a quilt for the bed and planned to make some for the kids. But after finding her blog and making the granny stripe above, I just couldn't stop. I wanted that Homemade Home! I've made multiple blankets, cushion covers & jar cozys, not all from Lucy's patterns but inspired by the lovely photos she has of her home. It's like I no longer need to just make for other people.

Candle Jar Cozy
Owl Family


I think that seeing the photos of Lucy's beautiful home has made me realise that I can make things just because they're pretty, that I can dot things about the room to make it look nice, that the things I make don't have to just be practical. She's helped me turn my house into a home.

 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely! I follow Lucy too - even though I'm not much of a crocheter. I just love the way she lets you peek into her life and the way she turns her house into a happy, cosy home.
    Your crochet is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love lucy too, and your owls are so cute
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your owls are lovely, very very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely. I do like the photos and colors you have!
    I'm listing random blogs on mine and your's is going on today's list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She seems like such a sweetheart, yeah? Such a great eye for color she has and I like how she puts so much personal touches in her own home.

    ReplyDelete